Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Surreal Experience: The Merging of the Two Universes

The other day when I was feeling better and I could focus more on reading, I started catching up on the blog posts that I had neglected during my holiday due to my internet break. In one post somebody wrote about how in a parallel universe, she'd have green fingers and she'd grow so many things in her garden and they'd all flourish.

You see, I had been thinking about parallel universes in my infertility journey and I had had some visualisations of myself in a parallel universe where we had children. You can say it's my wishful thinking, the ideal version of our life, my kind of escape from real life.

Anyway, as my eyes scanned the words "parallel universe", my mind started on its own journey. I have this clear, vivid image of my brain conjuring up a panel of my parallel universe from the back of my head and then all of a sudden from the other side came up this panel of real life and both of them just merged together smoothly and I gasped within, because at that exact second, there was no difference between my reality and my parallel universe. There was no need for the parallel universe anymore. It was breathtakingly beautiful and surreal at the same time. 

Image taken from here


No wonder I've felt the way I do after my Indo trip. More closure. The two universes have merged! I can't tell you how amazed I was, but then a question came knocking at the door, "Ummm...how long do you think this will last?"

I answered, "I have NO idea because it's the first time I've ever experienced this, but I'm going to cherish this moment and this memory and record it anyway."  

P.S. I've only started realizing lately how visual I can be LOL!!!!  

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you felt that! And that you cherished the moment too - it is important. I really loved this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Mali. Thanks for celebrating my moments with me. You see, one thing I realized a while back was that my friends couldn't celebrate my moments with me because they couldn't relate to how important these moments are and because our life with no children means that we are missing out on many celebratory moments related to kids and their progress/birthdays, etc. I felt the lack of celebrations more acutely, so I've decided to really cherish and embrace any celebratory moments that I can find and at least write them down. I'm glad I've found many women who can celebrate those moments with me, including you. I'm really glad our paths crossed. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful post. Those breathtakingly beautiful and surreal moments are part of what I live for. I love hearing about someone else's.

    (I was led here by Mel from Stirrup Queens.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for celebrating my moment with me. :-) Yeah, I also love these moments. :-)

      Delete
  3. What a cool image. I'm glad you experienced that. :) And I totally agree about the need for us to celebrate those meaningful moments, if only with ourselves. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I searched for an appropriate image for a while until I found this one and I thought it was perfect for this post. :-) THANK YOU for celebrating with me and for your support, Loribeth!

      Delete

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)