Saturday, January 2, 2010

Aha Moment of the Day

It's very fascinating to browse through infertility blogs and read the things I could have written myself. It makes me feel sane, understood. It makes me feel that I'm not alone. It makes me feel like shouting "Eureka" at the top of my lungs as though I had made the biggest discovery of my time. It makes me feel like dancing around the room 'coz my thoughts and feelings are "justifiable" and they're not thought of as "absurd, over-the-top, etc." It gives me the freedom to struggle with whatever thought or feeling that comes my way without any burden.

My aha moment today came from reading these sentences from Jen's Genuine Life:
The truth of the matter is the desire to procreate is one that is a primal instinct. Once it takes hold of you because you cannot achieve it, it completely absorbs your being. It is all you can think about. You begin to doubt your own value as a woman and a person.....
You are enraged when other people tell you to “just adopt” or “just quit worrying about it and it will happen.” You are also shocked at the carelessness of people when they say you are missing out on God’s greatest gift. You cringe each time someone asks you if you have children, as if being a parent is the only way to identify yourself as an adult in society.
Don’t even get me started on what Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, and other holidays are like for the person struggling with infertility. Trust me it is painful. During this time, it is so important to be in prayer with God so that you remain faithful and have hope for the future.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)